Monday, August 1, 2011

Hard Candy Review: Sheer Envy Primers (2 of them!)

Hello Beauties!! Continuing with my Hard Candy Review Series (Check out my other reviews here>> Welcome Matte Review )
Today I am reviewing the 2 face primers that I have from Hard Candy!

First things First, what the 2 products look like!

First we have the Sheer Envy (Clear)
I <3 the Hard Candy Packaging!

That's WAYYYY too much to use... Just FYI!


Then what the Purple one looks like:
This is a Skin Illuminating Primer

Once again nice packaging!


Secondly, what Hard Candy promises this product will do?
  • Directly from the Hard Candy website (this is the clear primer) 
  • Sheer Envy Primer helps to even out the skin while reducing shine. Improves foundation application while minimizing skin imperfections. Make-up lasts longer and skin is left velvety smooth.
  • Directly from the Hard Candy website (this is the purple one)
  • Illuminating Primer - A purple tinted, light translucent primer that gives a healthy, luminescent glow. Restores skins natural radiance, smooths skin and gives an overall airbrushed look! Can be worn alone or under makeup. 
Thirdly, what does it cost:
  • Both of these are available at WalMart for $8.00
Lastly, the review! What Do I Think????:
  • Ok, so I am going to start with the Sheer Envy Clear Primer. This is my go to, grab every single day, use till it's gone, then cry because it's gone primer! It does create a smooth canvas, doesn't seem to add any oil, and just helps my foundation last! *I will repurchase this FOR DAMN SURE!
  • Now, the purple one. This is Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer. This is a no go for me. This product seems chunky, does not blend in well, and actually ends up flaking off... The minute I touch my foundation to my face it flakes and looks like I'm peeling... As for evening out the skin and illuminating it, I see nothing of the sorts. *I will not repurchase, I feel like this is a miss from Hard Candy, sadly too, because I can see the potential of an amazing primer here, but somewhere it fails. 

Ok my beauties, that is my review of the Sheer Envy Primers, I will definitely repurchase the regular Sheer Envy, but pass on the Skin Illuminating Primer as I feel it is a fail! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment